Chiropractic care aims at improving function and flexibility of joints and muscles, relieving tension and stress accumulated in the problem areas e.g. back pain. Treatment is for every joint, muscle and nerve in the entire body and especially the spine. Any aches, pains or radiations can be assessed and potentially treated by Chiropractic care. This is why we treat all ages and all professions: desk workers, manual workers, professional athletes, pregnant ladies, newborn babies, children, adults and the elderly.
A chiropractic adjustment is a re-alignment of a joint by gentle releases of pressure, causing the gas in the joint to release which is when you may hear a slight popping sound. After an adjustment, normal flexibility of the joint should be restored, therefore releasing the muscles and nerves in the surrounding area.
There are many other techniques also used to treat different patient needs including mobilisation, soft tissue work and various others.
- neck pain,
- back pain
- mid back pain,
- low back pain,
- shoulder/elbow/wrist/hand pain,
- hip/knee/ankle/foot pain
- Ankle sprain
- Elbow pain and tennis elbow (lateral epicondylitis) arising from associated musculoskeletal conditions of the back and neck, but not isolated occurrences
- Headache arising from the neck (cervicogenic)
- Joint pains
- Joint pains including hip and knee pain from osteoarthritis as an adjunct to core OA treatments and exercise
- General, acute & chronic backache, back pain
- Generalised aches and pains
- Mechanical neck pain
- Migraine prevention
- Minor sports injuries
- Muscle spasms
- Plantar fasciitis
- Rotator cuff injuries, disease or disorders
- Shoulder complaints (dysfunction, disorders and pain)
- Soft tissue disorders of the shoulder
- Tension and inability to relax
Chiropractic adjustments consist of gentle releases of pressure in the relevant joints of the spine or body to re-align the joint, muscles and nerves, therefore restoring normal flexibility and movement without pain, tension or discomfort.
Nerves feeding your organs, muscles and sensations enter and leave your spine at every single level and then travel through your musculature. By re-aligning the spine and muscles we aim to make these systems work at their very optimal potential.
This is why Chiropractic is for the entire family! Not just the ones in pain. Prevention and being pro-active about you and your family’s health is the key, rather than simply reacting to problems as they arise.
1. Pain Relief:
The first stage of care is to address any painful areas and get rid of these problems by reducing inflammation, breaking up muscle knots and restoring optimal flexibility of the joints.
2. Postural Correction:
The second stage is really the key to long term results which is focused on changing and improving the shape of your body so that the alignment of your joints distributes your weight evenly and effectively so that there is no reason why pain or poor function should appear in the first place. This postural correction process stops the onset of early arthritis in your problematic areas and stops any painful areas from re-occurring throughout your life.
3. Maintenance and Prevention:
The third stage is to wean down on to a less frequent schedule of care and to maintain all the good results you have achieved. Health is not a sprint after all but a journey and Chiropractic is here to achieve optimal well-being and health.
- Postural Analysis (pictures and results emailed to you)
- Weight Balance Analysis
- Full Spinal Palpation
- Full body relevant joint integrity testing
- Muscular Palpation and Testing
- Foot Biomechanics Examination
- Relevant Neurological Testing (e.g. Pins and needles, tingling, numbness, shooting pains).
Chiropractic Examination and First Treatment session:
Heat moulded Foot orthotics £80
(To align foot mechanics &/or pelvic misalignment)
A specialised and contemporary approach to your health by Holistic experts.
· Design, Treat & Maintain ·
· Chiropractic · Nutrition · Massage Therapy · Skin Care ·